This DIY is all about how to make a lighted flower water vase centerpiece with three different size cylinders that create a stunning centerpiece.
There’s an option to use the same size cylinders if you want to save some money.
The video shows in detail what materials you need and how easy it is to put this centerpiece together.
It’s important to note that other materials can be used for the base instead of the Rhinestone ribbon, Also, the same for the kind of flowers you want to use as well as how you want to arrange the flowers.
- Three Different Size Glass Cylinder Vases
- Ten Hour 3 in. White Floating Dripless Candles
- Artificial flowers of your choice: artificial will last longer than real.
- Accent gems, two bags for three vases.
- Submersible LED lights
- Rhinestone ribbon, optional, but adds a nice touch if you do decide to use it. Note: can use ribbons, jewels or whatever you like.
- Waterproof floral tape
- Glue gun
- Start with one vase and measure the Rhinestone ribbon around the base first to measure how long the bottom strip will be. (Skip to Step 6 if you’re not using any ribbon)
- Then cut out a strip that’s about 1.5 in. to 2 in., or, more or less on how much ribbon you want wrapped around the base.
- Add a line of glue and gently glue one end of the ribbon to the base. Note: Be careful when patting the ribbon onto the glue. The glue is hot and may burn if you touch it too quickly or too hard.
- As you rotate the vase, add a line of glue every few inches to lay the ribbon on.
- Finally, add glue next to where the ribbon was started and gently close the gap, laying down the end of the ribbon on the glue, forming a nice band of ribbon around the base of the glass vase.
- Take the flowers and remove the flowers from the stems and cut off the little cap at the bottom of the flower stem, or as an option, use the flower stem as it is.
- Attach one flower under another using the waterproof floral tape until you’ve used about 6 flowers to create one strip (rope) of flowers.
- If using orchids, cut the stems into small rods and attach the flowers directly onto the rod.
- Twist the LED lights on or off depending on the time of day.
- Carefully add enough Accent Gems to just cover the LED light.
- Three options for placing the flower strip into the vase. (1) Coil the flower stem in the vase. (2) Place the flower stem directly straight in the vase. (3) Add one single flower at the base. Note: You can try different color combinations and styling of the flower stem.
- Gently fill the vase with water, leaving about a 1 in. to 1.5 in. space from the top.
- Place the floating candle on top.