Here’s a fun, easy how to make a small bonfire using string lights, some sticks and rocks that will bring a warm, glowing bonfire feeling to your room.
The follow along video will help you set up your mini bonfire, showing the exact things you need to do to create this DIY project.
The sticks used to making this project can come from a branch of a tree or the handle of a mop that’s about to be tossed away.
You could use a painting tarp instead of a large flattened out cardboard box, whichever is easier.
The video shows the steps with clear and easy to understand directions that are very thorough.
- Waterproof Indoor Outdoor 100 LED White String Lights #amazon ad
- Gorilla Dual Temperature Hot Glue Gun Kit #amazon ad
- Lace trim 4-packages
- 8 to 10 small rocks
- 8 to 10 wooden sticks
- Whit pipe cleaners
- White spray paint 1 can – 2 cans if you want to spray a thicker coat of white on the sticks.
- Large flattened out cardboard box
- Start with cutting a branch or getting 8 to 10 wooden sticks that are 12 to 14 inches in length.
- Lay the cut sticks on the large flattened cardboard and spray a THIN layer of paint on the sticks if you want to have some wood texture showing through. If you’d like a more solid white, then paint another layer.
- Let dry, then flip over and spray the other side the same way
- You can skip the next step (using lace to cover the sticks) if you like the way the sticks look without using the lace.
- Using lace to cover the sticks, first, apply some glue on one end of the stick and lay one end of the lace trim over the glue. Safety Tip: you may want to wait a few seconds before pressing the lace trim down on the glue so you don’t get burned from the hot glue.
- Continue to wrap the lace around until you get to the middle. Add a line of glue and continue to wrap the lace around the stick.
- When you get to the other end of the stick leave a little extra lace “edge” to cover the tip. Cut the lace and glue the end down.
- Add a small amount of glue to the tip of the stick and fold the extra lace edge onto the tip of the stick.
- Continue doing the same for the other sticks.
- Arrange your rocks in a circle. Layering them to your liking.
- Place a bundle of string lights in the center, making sure you have the connection cord pulled out from the rocks.
- Place the sticks upright leaning against the top of the other sticks. Use the pipe cleaners to help hold the sticks in place.
- Set your lights to the “flicker” setting, turn on and enjoy the your mini bon fire.
I love this kind of DIY because it brings an outdoor experience to my room. And the best part, I can keep the fire going all night long without worrying burning the house/apartment down.
The safety string lights are made for long use and don’t use much energy. Using the “flicker” control makes the fire more realistic. Plus, you can adjust the lighting modes by pressing the round button on the adapter.
Now all you need to add is some background nature music along with some delicious microwave S’mores! ٩( ᐛ )و